For these cakes I used silicone molds in which I put muffin papers. I separated the egg whites from the yolks. I mixed the egg whites with a pinch of salt well, then I incorporated the coarsely chopped walnuts. Separately I mixed the yolks with the sugar. I melted the margarine and then I added the chopped chocolate and I mixed until the chocolate melted, I added this mixture over the yolks and I mixed very well. I incorporated the obtained composition in egg whites, at the end I added flour and baking powder and I homogenized the composition. I took a spoon full of composition and placed in each form, on top I put 3 pitted cherries, I put the forms in the oven. I'm ready when I pass the toothpick test. Leave to cool very well.
Cream for decoration: Chocolate with liquid cream on the fire until the chocolate melts, be careful not to boil it. Then let it cool for a few hours. After about 2 hours, take it out of the fridge and mix well, until you get a frothy cream. The cream that we put in a posh and we decorate each cake separately, then we place a cherry with seeds as a decoration.
How to make cake with cherries and chocolate Ana?
How to make walnut sheets for the cake?
Separate eggs for sheets. Beat the egg whites well with a pinch of salt. When the foam is firm, add the caster sugar and beat until it becomes shiny and hard. Add the vanilla and the yolks and beat for another 5-6 seconds and you're done. If you try to incorporate the yolks later in the egg whites, you risk ruining all the foam, this will decrease considerably and make a single thin top of 6 eggs. Forget how firm my foam is, after I've already incorporated the yolks with the mixer.
The rest of the ingredients are added at once: walnuts mixed with powdered sugar, lemon peel and flour. NEVER add flour gradually because again you risk mixing in vain and leaving all the egg whites. Add everything at once and mix gently, from bottom to top with a spatula, until incorporated. The more you mix this composition, the more you will lose the air in it.
Line two 35 & # 21525 cm trays with baking paper and divide the dough into 2 equal parts, then level with a spatula. You do not need to bake on the back of the tray as long as you have baking paper available.
Bake the sheets at 170 ° C (preheated oven) for about 8 minutes. Immediately after removing the sheets from the oven, return them to the clean table and remove the paper. The sheets are then left to cool on a wire rack to ventilate.
Cakes and pies
Step-by-step picture cake recipes, homemade cake recipes, cake recipes, chocolate cake, fruit cake, cream cake, festive cakes, muffin recipes, cake recipes, cookie recipes, cookie recipes croissants, homemade cookie recipes, cake recipes, tart recipes, cheesecake recipes, cake recipes that never fail.
- 6 eggs
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 200 gr chocolate
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 250 ml country yogurt
- 200 gr chopped walnuts
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 200 gr butter
- cherry jam (a jar of 350 gr)
We prepare the ingredients
I heated the cherry jam in a bowl of water over low heat, then strained the syrup. I kept the syrup for a tart recipe.
I chopped the chocolate into small pieces.
I sifted the flour together with the baking powder.
Prepare the cake with walnuts and chocolate cream with cherries
In a bowl, I melted the butter with 1 teaspoon oil, chopped chocolate 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa and a pinch of salt.
The chocolate was a little sweet and no more sugar was needed.
I stirred continuously until they all melted and homogenized, then I incorporated 3 yolks and I lifted them off the heat. I let it cool.
I separated the egg whites from the yolks and beat them with a teaspoon of salt, then I gradually added 6 tablespoons of sugar, the three remaining egg yolks and the yogurt. I mixed lightly with a wooden spatula.
From the composition with cooled chocolate, I separated half for garnish, and the other half I incorporated it in egg whites, putting a little of them over the chocolate and stirring slowly so as not to leave the composition at all, it is still left, it is not preserved fluffy like pandispan or cakes.
Then I incorporated chopped walnuts and flour mixed with baking powder.
The composition is a little thicker than the cakes, but don't be afraid that it is not so fluffy, but it will grow nicely in the tray.
I wallpapered a 20/30 cm tray and baked at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
In the stopped chocolate composition, I mixed the cherries from the jam and decorated the cake when it cooled.
A delight came out!
Gluten-free cake recipe with carrot, walnut and chocolate
three tablespoons of grated carrot on a small grater
four tablespoons of ground walnuts
90 grams of gluten-free flour (rice flour)
50 ml of sunflower oil
60 grams of sugar
100 ml of carbonated water
a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
a knife point of ground anise
a knife point of ground ginger
a teaspoon of baking powder (gluten free)
a pinch of salt
for chocolate icing:
a teaspoon of coconut butter
three teaspoons of water
three teaspoons of cocoa
two teaspoons of sugar
- How to prepare gluten-free cake with carrot, walnut and chocolate
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees and prepare the bowl in which we will bake the cake. I preferred to bake it separately in four round silicone shapes, with a diameter of 8 cm to finally get exactly four servings, how many family members do we have :)
- Mix the carrot with the walnut and the sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually add the oil and homogenize the composition.
- We do the same with carbonated water.
- Separately sift the flour and add salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and anise. We mix.
- Incorporate flour in the carrot and walnut composition and homogenize the composition.
- Divide the dough into four and put it with a spoon in the previously prepared forms
- Bake the molds for about half an hour. We do the test with the toothpick and when they are ready we turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for another five minutes, with the oven door ajar.
- Remove the cake from the molds and let it cool.
- In the meantime we are preparing Chocolate thus: we put, on the fire, in a small bowl the coconut butter and let it melt after which we add the sugar, cocoa, and water, stirring continuously to homogenize the composition. We do not leave the vessel directly on the flame when we do this, but we remove it and then we put it on the fire again. If you are not sure about doing this operation you can work by putting the dish on the steam bath. When the chocolate is ready, we pour it hot over the cake, decorating it according to everyone's imagination :)
Have a good appetite!
Other gluten-free sweets recipes:
If you liked the recipe, don't hesitate to rate it with five stars and share it on social networks! Thanks!
Apple cake and vanilla cream
Apple cake and vanilla cream I made it exactly to my taste. I chose to make a richer countertop with butter instead of a simple pandispan and I also chose to fry the apples in butter a bit before baking them together with the countertop. It turned out exactly what I wanted & # 8230 a delicious apple cake. Read more & rarr
Jerbo / Zserbo cake, also known as & # 8220Greta Garbo& # 8221 is one of the delicious cakes with leaves, jam and walnuts that conquer you from the first piece. The combination of jam with walnuts and chocolate icing is irresistible, so don't be afraid to prepare the sheets, it's worth the effort.
It seems that the name of this cake is given by the confectioner Emil Gerbeaud (pronounced Jerbo) after the confectionery where he worked by the famous actress Greta Garbo was visited. For this reason, some people know the cake as Jerbo, others as Greta Garbo. The cafe still exists in Budapest today and I would really like to get there to see the taste of the cake at home.
In the end, the name of this delicious cake with leaves filled with jam and walnuts doesn't even matter much.
I ate this cake a few times when I was little. My friend's mother did it and it turned out very well. I would have eaten the whole platter on my own, but being a shy child, I said I was content with 2 cubes.
I was hoping that one day my mother would make me a Jerbo cake (Greta Garbo), but this only happened after I met my mother-in-law and I finally found out the recipe. I still don't know why my mother didn't ask our neighbor how to make Greta Garbo cake.
It is very easy to do. I am very happy that I can share the recipe of a cake with sheets, which are all made at the same time. We do not have to bake separately. Grease the first sheet with jam and sprinkle with walnuts, then cover everything with another sheet and repeat the operation. As I said, it's not hard at all. The only thing that needs to be done separately, in the end, is the glaze.
There is no risk that the Jerbo cake will not come out first, not even for a beginner.
My mother-in-law explained to me that this recipe is simpler than others, and I didn't even have the curiosity to compare it, to see if she was right, because it seemed very easy to prepare.
Before the revolution, my mother-in-law made cake with Rama margarine for cakes and very rarely with lard. I understood that he had margarine from those who somehow managed to get to Hungary or from friends. I chose to use fatty butter, 80% fat, because it is healthier and I love butter in cakes.
Another cake recipe taken from my mother-in-law is Katie. It was the first cake I ate at her and I really liked it. In the early years, when he knew I was going to Brasov, he was waiting for me with this cake. I also have a recipe from my mother-in-law Harlequin cake. A beautiful cake and very appreciated by children, but also by adults.
Instead, I impressed her with the cake leaves with tomato juice (broth). It seemed strange that I used tomato juice, but I'll tell you that he liked it so much that he took it with him.
Now I let you find out what ingredients you need and how to prepare it Jerbo cake.
(for a cake 22 * 32 cm)
2 tablespoons sour cream (about 80 g
1 teaspoon baking soda quenched with lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the filling:
For the glaze:
40 ml of hot & # 8211 hot water
Optional:150 g ground walnuts
To make the sheets, mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth and elastic dough.
We divide it into 4 equal parts that we will spread in thin sheets of 22 * 32 cm.
Put the first sheet in the tray lined with baking paper. Grease it with 3 tablespoons of plum jam, then sprinkle 60 g of ground walnuts, and spread a spoonful of caster sugar over the walnuts as evenly as possible.
Cover with a sheet that we will grease with apricot jam.
Repeat the operation with walnuts, sugar and another sheet that will be greased with plum jam and walnuts. We prick the last sheet evenly with a fork.
Bake the cake in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
Heat the oil and water together until it becomes hot, then gradually add the sugar mixed with cocoa and mix until smooth. We have to work fast, so that when we spread the icing so that it is not cold, it can be spread evenly. Optionally, over this we put chopped walnuts.
If you want to see how I prepared the Carpathian cake with chocolate, another cake with sheets, I leave a video below and I invite you to subscribe to the channel You Tube.
INGREDIENTS Elegant cake with chocolate and cherries
►For dark chocolate cream
►For white chocolate cream with cherries
►For assembly and decoration:
- 500 g frozen cherries
- 450 g dark chocolate
- 150 g whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- about 750 g fondant
- bamboo sticks, dessert cardboard
- natural flowers, lace
Dream cake with walnuts and chocolate top preparation with walnuts and cocoa
- Mix ground walnuts with flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Set this mixture aside and beat the eggs with a pinch of salt until they become frothy.
- Then add the vanilla extract and brown sugar gradually while mixing continuously.
- After we finish adding the brown sugar, mix for about another 5 minutes and turn off the mixer.
- Add the walnut mixture gradually and this time mix with a spatula with wide movements from top to bottom.
- After incorporating the whole mixture with walnuts, we have the composition ready for the countertop.
- Transfer the composition to a tray (25/35 cm) greased with grease and lined with baking paper, and it is greased on the inside.
- Bring to the table a few times and then put it in the preheated oven at 170 C for 30 minutes.
- We take the top out of the oven and now that we have the two tops for the dream cake with walnuts and chocolate, we take care of the cream.
- During this time, the second worktop will cool down.