- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers (mix of red, yellow and green)
- 4 ounces Black Forest ham, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
Whisk eggs, chives, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Melt butter in large broilerproof skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and ham; sauté until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Pour egg mixture over peppers and ham in skillet. Cook over medium heat until bottom and edges are set, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Using spatula, carefully lift edges to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Reduce heat to medium-low. Lift edges 2 or 3 more times, allowing uncooked egg to flow underneath, until top is almost set, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over frittata. Transfer skillet to broiler. Broil until cheese is bubbling and eggs are set, about 1 minute. Let frittata stand at least 1 minute and up to 1 hour. Rewarm in microwave oven, if desired, or serve at room temperature.